The cardiology team at L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi including Vietnamese and French doctors in cooperation with National Heart Institute and Cardiology Department of Hanoi Medical University supplies high quality, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic cardiology care.
On average, we attends about 3.000 consultations, 1.300 echcardiography, 300 ECG stress tests and 65 cardiovascular interventions each year.
Our cardiologists work closely with hospital staff and physicians from other departments to provide patients with total cardiovascular care.
Consultation & Treatment
- Left chest pain, coronary disease (after stent placement and coronary artery bypass graft surgery)
- High blood pressure. Cholesterol disorders
- Heart valve disease
- Diagnosis and management of adult congenital heart disease, diagnosis congenital heart defects and provide treatment.
Primary cardiovascular prevention (for those who present with no cardiovascular event at diagnosis) and secondary prevention (for those with cardiovascular event).
- Echocardiography: Detect heart valve disease, cardiomyopathy and pericardial disease. Early screen for congenital heart defects in infanry. Perform Transesophageal echocardiography (with cooperation with Cardiology Department of Hanoi Medical University)
- ECG stress test: Screen for coronary disease early. Follow up, guide treatment of patients after coronary events (myocardial infarction, past stenting)
- MAPA (ambulatory blood pressure monitoring) and Holter ECG in diagnosis of arterial hypertension and cardiac arrhythmia.
Our Cardiology department provides cardiac emergency care available 24 hours a day for people suffering from acute coronary symdromes, heart attack, including emergency interventions for acute heart failure and rhyme disturbances.
We perform temporary or permanent pacemaker procedures, atrial fibrillation electrical cardioversion to restore sinus rhythm.
We understand that accurate diagnosis and timely treatment are essential. At L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi, cardiac patients will be admitted to the General Ward for treatment and follow-up in case of need.
At our intensive care unit, patients with cardiac conditions are cared for, including closely monitoring by highly trained intensivists, medical officers and registered nurses who provide around the clock care with the support of state of the art equipment.
Dr. Georges Cloatre
Dr. Georges Cloatre is a general practitioner and a physician of an Army Hospital who is qualified in cardiology, internal medicine cum tropical medicine.
He worked for Val de Grace Military Hospital after graduation from Victor Segalen Medical University in Bordeaux.
Being an experienced cardiologist, he was appointed the head of Cardiology department in Brest and Cherbourg in France, Africa and Polynesie.
He recently set up and developed Cardiology Department in Kourou Cross Hospital, French Spacial Center.
Dr. Cloatre gave lectures on cardiology, especially tropical cardiology at many medical faculties and directed numerous postgraduate courses.
He was also the author of a lot of medical publications plus articles and brochures on cardiology.
Dr. Cloatre can perform all non-invasive explorations in cardiology, including:
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echography
- Arterial and venous echography
- 24 hour electrocardiogram (Holter ECG)
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM)
- ECG Stress test
Dr. Georges Cloatre can speak French, English, Spanish, Moroccan Arabic dialect and Classical Arabic.
At L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi, He will attend patients from Monday through Friday and Saturday mornings.
To schedule appointment with Dr. Georges Cloatre, please drop us a call at (04) 35 77 11 00 or schedule online here.
Dr. Trần Thái Hòa
- Doctor of Medicine, Hue Faculty of Medicine, Vietnam
- Certificate of Cardiology, National Heart Institute, Hanoi, Vietnam,
- Certificate of Echocardiography, National Heart Institute, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Attestation of specialized formation in cardiovascular pathology (AFS), Victor Segalen Bordeaux II University, France.
- Attestation of specialized formation of cardiovascular pathology (second degree) (AFSA) - Victor Segalen Bordeaux II University, France.
- Attestation of formation of Cardio Stimulation and Electrophysiology (AE), Victor Segalen Bordeaux II University, France.
- Diploma of University: Exercise Testing & Cardiac Rehabilitation, Victor Segalen Bordeaux II University, France.
- Fellow of interventional Cardiology, Department of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology Unit, Vaudois University Hospital Center, Lausanne, Switzeland.
- 1990 – 1999: Clinical Doctor of the Internal Department of Khanh Hoa Hospital, Vietnam.
- 1999 – 2000: Post-graduate training, Department of Cardiology, Haut Leveque Hospital, Pessac, Bordeaux, France.
- 2001 – 2006: Cardiologist of Heart Institute of Ho Chi Minh City (Senior of Exercise Testing Unit, Implantation of Pace Maker).
- 2006 – 2010: Interventional Cardiologist, Unit of Interventional Cardiology, Cho Ray Hospital, HCM, Vietnam.
- 2008 – 2010: Fellow of interventional Cardiology, Department of Cardiology, Unit of Interventional Cardiology, Vaudois University Hospital Center, Lausanne, Switzeland.
Ngô Chí Hiếu PhD
Ph.D. Ngo Chi Hieu is a certified specialist in cardiology. Dr. Hieu received his medical diploma in 1998 from Hanoi Medical University. Then he earned residency clinical course in Bach Mai and also gained Masters in internal cardiology in 2002. Last year, he finished a Doctorate (PhD) with thesis on mitral valve disease.
Moreover, in order to update new knowledge and practice the professional experience, he joined the course on intensive care and cardiovascular diseases at the Hospital - University of Clermont-Ferrand (French) and spent three months practice in the Department of Intensive Care. Dr.Hieu also attended the trainning about ventilator in Chiang Mai - Thailand and Pediatric Cardiology Department at the University of Melbourne - Australia.
He has 10 years experience as the Head of Department of Intensive Care Cardiovascular, Hanoi Heart Hospital. Previously, he is used to be a lecturer of Hanoi Medical University and had worked in the Department of Emergency - A9 - Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi for over 5 years.
In addition to the professional activities, he is a member of the National Heart Association, Vietnam association of Echocardiography and Vietnam Association of Critical Care and Toxicology.
He has lots of experiences in diagnosing and managing the cardiovascular diseases such as heart valve disease, hypertension, cholesterol and coronary heart disease. In addition, he has involved in echocardiography (pre and post op), congenital echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, exercise stress test, ECG holter 24h, blood pressure holter, etc.
He has been working at Cardiology Department of L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi since June 12th 2016.