Our urology surgical team is composed of a group of French and Vietnamese urologists. The department strategy consists of prioritizing minimally invasive techniques for diagnosis and treatment.
On average, around 2,000 patients are consulted and treated per year and 400 operations are performed, of which 95% by laparoscopic surgeries, only 5% performed using conventional open surgery.
INDICATIVE LIST OF TREATMENTS
1. Urinary stones
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Extracorporal lithotripsy
2. Urogenital Oncology
3. Female Urology
- Urinary incontinence
- Recurrence cystitis.
- Genital prolapsus.
4. Male Urology
- Benign hypertrophy prostate adenoma
- Erectile dysfunction.
5. Pediatric urology
- Penis and urethra plasty (hypospasdia, micro-penis....)
- Pyelo-ureteral junction syndrome, vesicoureteral reflux, megaureter.
- Inguinal hernia, hydrocele, ectopic testicular, phymosis...
6. Urinary tract infection
Dr. Võ Văn Quý
Dr. Vo Van Quy – a Urologic surgeon starts his permanent working at the Hospital from 05/01/2015.
Dr. Vo Van Quy has more than 14 years of experience in urologic surgery. He learned general surgery at Hanoi Medical University in 1995. In 1998 he was directly instructed by Professor Nguyen Buu Trieu in urologic laparoscopic surgery and also underwent training at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Sydney and Urinary Surgical department at Tubingen University, Germany. He obtained his master degree in Urologic Surgery in 2003 at Military Medical Academy.
His professional experience at Giao Thong Hospital spans 9 years as treating doctor, followed by 3 years as Deputy Head of Surgical Department and 7 years as Head of Surgical Department. He has many publications and scientific activities to his credit.
At L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi, Dr. Vo Van Quy is in charge of Urology Department. He will offer examinations, treatment, and surgery for patients affected by urinary tract diseases, including:
- Kidney stone: Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL), retrograde transureteral nephrolithotripsy, retroperitoneally laparoscopic pyelolithotomy, complex kidney stone surgeries.
- Renal tumors: Partial nephrectomy (kidney-sparing surgery), laparoscopic nephrectomy.
- Renal cysts: Laparoscopic renal cyst removal
- Ureteral stones: ESWL, retrograde transureteral nephrolithotripsy, retrograde ureteroscopic holmium laser lithotripsy. retroperitoneally laparoscopic pyelolithotomy.
- Laparoscopic or open pyeloplasty for treating ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction
- Ureteral dilitation for the treatment of obstruction due to radiation, compression. Double-J ureteric stent insertion to relieve obstruction due to compression.
- Diagnostic cystoscopy
- Bladder lithotripsy
- Bladder biopsy. Resection of bladder tumor. Cystoplasty.
- Examination and diagnosis of prostate problems. Early detection and follow-up of prostate cancer.
- Transurethral prostatic resection
- Urethroplasty to treat urethral stricture due to congenital abnormality or physical trauma.
He also perform procedures like circumcision, correction of penile curvature, crypxorchidism, testicular tumor, hydrocele, scrotal varicocele, inguinal hernia and stress urinary incontinence.
Make an appointment