Visceral surgery is devoted to treatments of the digestive tract. The development of coeliosurgery has opened new horizons with more comfort for the patients.
Most vital emergencies of peritonitis, obstructions, internal hemorrhages are still performed by laparotomy (open surgery), as well as the treatment of advanced cancers of the digestive tract.
For other disorders (appendicitis, localized cancers and most of benign pathologies of the digestive tract), the surgeon resorts to a less invasive method under video control: "LAPAROSCOPY".
The activity may be described following the criteria of emergency:
- Perforated ulcer
- Intestinal obstruction
- Abdominal traumas
Or by organ:
- Gastric operations (partial or total gastrectomy, gastrotomy…)
- Hepatic and biliary operations (cholecystectomy, choledochotomy, hepatectomy, biliary bypass…)
- Pancreatic operations
- Operations of hernia and rupture of the abdominal wall… by the “tensionless” modern technique
- Proctological operations.
Dr. Bernard Guillaume
From 01 September 2016, Dr. Bernard Guillaume, a French visceral surgeon will work on a permanent basis at L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi.
Dr.Bernard Guillaume worked at Anticancer Centre of Nice before working as chef of service at Marie Galante Hospital in Guadeloupe, France.
Dr.Guillaume is specialist in digestive oncology and visceral surgery including laparoscopic or coelioscopic (minimally invasive technique using a camera and small incisions). He was trained by the inventor of this surgical technique - Dr. Philippe Mouret.
He perfomes procedures and interventions including:
- Gallbladder and bile duct surgery, colon surgery (diverticular disease or cancer), appendectomy, stomach surgery.
- Inguinal hernia surgery and abdominal wall surgery.
- Obesity surgery (vertical banded gastroplasty, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass).
All these procedures are performed in the majority of cases by coelioscopic.
To schedule appointment with Dr. Bernard Guillaume, please drop us a call at (04) 35 77 11 00 or schedule online here.
Dr. Bùi Trung
- Medical Doctor, Vietnam Military Medical Institute
- Senior Doctor 1 on Visceral surgery/ endoscopy, Vietnam Military Medical Institute.
- Post-graduate training in Visceral Surgery by Rochefort, France.
- 1995 - 2000: Working as a Visceral Surgeon at 108 Hospital
- 2000 - Present: Visceral Surgeon/ Head of Department of Visceral Surgery at the Hospital.
Dr. Francois Meusnier
Dr. Francois Meusnier has 25 years of experiences. He spent over 800 days in mission and external operation in Djibouti, Tchad, Cote d’Ivoire, Bosnie, Kosovo, Sénégal, Afghanistan…
Dr. Francois Meusnier worked at Visceral Surgery Department in Sainte – Anne Military Teaching Hospital and is currently working at Saint Jean Hospital, Toulon, France.
During the mission at L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi, Francois Meusnier attends patients and works with Dr. Bui Trung - HFH visceral surgeon.